The recap from last week will once again have to be combined with the preview due to time constraints. I’m basically going to be away from the computer for the entire weekend, so time is cut short.
- USC is no longer undefeated. They lost on a last second field goal to Washington last week and that’s the second year in a row the Huskies have beat the Trojans. USC quickly fell out of the Top 25 to no surprise.
- Michigan State is continuing to emerge as a Big Ten favorite. They knocked off Wisconsin last week, but we to ask the question: Is Wisconsin really that good? The Badgers have been given the benefit of the doubt due to a high preseason ranking, but they have not played like it so far.
AROUND the SEC
I’m going to keep it short and sweet this week. I’m on the road. If you want to view the SEC schedule, go here.
SEC Last Week: 4-2
SEC Overall: 20-9
Tennessee @ Georgia
Georgia got the offense rolling last week against Colorado, but still couldn’t pull out a victory. A.J. Green made a ridiculous one-handed catch for a touchdown. Welcome back, A.J.
I’ve already talked about the Vols game against LSU enough in this blog so I’ll leave it at that.
Outcome: Georgia is taking a new approach at practice this week, participating in contact drills for the first time. I think the offense has a big game and gets its first SEC win of the year. Bulldogs win 34-17.
-Alabama @ South Carolina: I think this could be a close game. It’s a tough road game for the Crimson Tide, but I don’t think South Carolina has enough. Alabama will force Garcia to beat them and he simply can’t do that. Alabama will need Greg McElroy to stay mistake free in order to come away unscathed. It’s going to be a scrappy game. South Carolina gets Alabama off of a bye week and it will be a raucous crowd, but Alabama takes over in the 4th and wins 27-17.
–Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (game played in Arlington, TX): Arkansas wins 38-24.
-Eastern Michigan @ Vanderbilt: The Commodores should have no trouble with 0-5 Eagles. Vanderbilt wins 42-10.
–LSU @ Florida: How can you expect LSU to beat Florida in The Swamp? The Tigers can’t get anything going on offense. Running back Stevan Ridley has been the most consistent source of offense for the Tigers, but I expect whoever is playing QB for LSU Saturday to throw a few interceptions. Florida wins 24-9.
-Auburn @ Kentucky: Kentucky could give Auburn a scare, but I don’t think they can completely stop Cam Newton and the Tigers. This will be just the second time Auburn goes on the road this season. They escaped Starkville earlier in the year with a 17-14 win. The Wildcats might keep it close, but Auburn will eventually pull away. Auburn wins 42-30.
-Mississippi State @ Houston: The outcome of this game might be a different story if Case Keenum hadn’t suffered a season ending knee injury early in the year. The Bulldogs are favored by 5.5 and this game could mean the difference between a bowl game or not for MSU. Bulldogs win 31-24.
Ole Miss hits the snooze button for a week and returns to action next weekend against Alabama.
Other Match Ups
- Michigan State and Michigan match up today in a showdown at the Big House. Both teams are undefeated. Both teams are ranked. This will be a back and forth shootout, but I think Michigan State wins out. Spartans win 34-28.
- Ohio State takes care of business against Indiana today.
- Notre Dame takes out Pittsburgh by double digits.
- Oregon State @ Arizona: Watch out for Oregon State. Arizona is on upset alert today. I think being at home will give Arizona the edge and they’ll win a close one.
- Florida State @ Miami: If Jacory Harris throws more than two interceptions today, then that will give FSU a chance to win. Hurricanes win.
- Stanford beats USC by two touchdowns.
- Clemson over North Carolina.